RCU Forums - View Single Post - Not so fun...
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 06:03 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Not so fun...

ORIGINAL: Gary L.

LOL @ CG, I like my Futaba because I got it ( 9C ) new in the box with 5 servos for $200, If I got the same deal on some thing eles, I would like it. Sorry CG, could'nt help myself. Jeech, futaba fanatics..
Not a problem, Gary. I just hate to see this "you screwed up because you didn't get a ... brand name... radio". All of the top four radio manufacturers are basically the same. They all do the job, and do it well. As you, I originally got my Airtronics because the price was right, AND because my instructor was using Airtronics. I liked the looks of the radio, the feel, and how it handled, not that I was an expert, by no means, but that was my original impression.

Now, though, I've used several different types and manufacturers and have found that they all do the job just fine. It comes down to a person's preference and that's just about it. When I read some of the fanatic posts about how great their brand X radio is over my brand Y, and that I was basically stupid for buying brand Y, well, I tend to get a tad bit irritated over that because it usually has absolutely no basis on fact and is usually a very biased viewpoint.

But with that said.. I certainly hope he finds out what those error messages are. I looked last night and did not find anything. My older RD6000 will not go out of the TX-HI mode (throttle open warning and will not energize the transmitter until the warning goes away). There is something wrong with the radio so I will send it back to Airtronics for repair. Only problem is, the way radio prices are going now, it may be cheaper to replace it than to fix it. Example: the new RDS8000 2.4 Gig Airtronics. On sale at Tower for $229. That's a deal!! They are not saying if that is with or without servos, but it must come with an RX.. so that's not bad at all. Especially since receiver pack can cost around $100.00 !!

CGr.