RCU Forums - View Single Post - Global Skyraider Build
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:13 PM
TEBerg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Global Skyraider Build

"love your prop, wanna make one for a 1/6th scale zirolli skyraider?"
Thanks.. and NO, I'm done with props for now.. But you should give Barry a call.. In his thread he did say, "I make the parts plugs and Brad at Fibertech will make the parts for sale." You may get lucky

I have to get through this little stuff and get some big parts put together.. The good news is that the bomb is starting to look like a bomb..

I stopped with the smooth coat of joint compound..

I sanded that down to shape until I just started to get into the rocket tube.. To make the plaster stronger I painted it with Aerogloss Dope.. Remember the good old days of dope and silk and paper??? I had to open the window so I could pass my blood test next month [laughing]...

Next I glued the fin set in with CA and activator. That filled the gap next to the fin a bit.. Then I applied a thin layer of red bondo in the trouble areas and sanded..

The second photo is after the second coat of bondo and sandig.. The next three photos are: grey primer coat, sanding and another spray with the grey primer. At this point in time, I pretty much want to be done with the bomb.. It is close, but a little "thin" for what I was looking for.. It's definitely not a torpedo, but still not looking like "masters scale"... However, working with something this small, I'm going to work with what I have and be happy with it.. After all, I am going to drop it from 100+ feet..

The next steps will be one more touch up with red bondo, sanding, install the fuse and clear coat to get it ready for casting.. I'll go through the details of casting a little closer this time around..

OK, I'm off to get the "special ordinance" a little closer to done.. There's a World Models warbird race out at the Fresno, California club tomorrow... I think I'll run by there to watch for a bit and then Sunday is off to Monterey with the family.. We are going to go visit with some friends who are making skydives and then to the Aquarium.. I may make a jump if we have time.. Although, I've been doing more R/C stuff than jumping lately..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96119.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	921881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56455.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	921882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83011.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	54.3 KB