RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 09:31 PM
SMUGator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build

Based on some of the work Chad and I have been doing today, it may make sense for everyone to hold off for a day or two on the tailweel builds if you want to get the scale dimensions perfect. We've looked at all the reference drawings including the resized Matt image. He is doing some work to see if we can shorten up some of the angles to get them as close to the reference drawings as possible. If you build it as I built mine, you will be very close, but it's about 1/8 to 1/4 inch off on some of the dimensions and on the rake of the forks (easy to fix if you do it in advance). Probably no one but you would ever know, but if you really want it to be right, it may be worth a day or two until everyone is 100% satisfied. I'm still taking a hard look at all of my photos. The tailwheel may be an area where the Matt drawings are inaccurate. I haven't found a 1:1 yet with the geometry as he shows it. If you continue his lines, they intersect in front of the bulkhead, and do not look like Pappy's pictures in the post above for example. I also have hundreds of photos that I'll be moving online for you guys to use. Details soon...

I'll volunteer to be the guinea pig again and rebuild mine if necessary, plus I'm doing a second for Chad to free up his time to do some other things on the drawings. I will include a step-by-step here if needed.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11762.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	922707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17318.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	922708