RCU Forums - View Single Post - RBMods SureFire 32R break-in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RBMods SureFire 32R break-in

Well I got another 2 tanks of fuel through the SureFire today and had a little trouble tuning. I've begun the process of leaning and tweaking the needles for some dirvetrain destroying runs.

Well I couldn't get above 160degrees so I leaned the HSN a little at a time with no increase in performance and no temp. change. At one point it began lean bogging so I richened the HSN a half-turn and the bogging went away. [sm=confused.gif] This engine is acting differently than any engine I've had yet! [:'(]

Well the LSN was set for break-in (sticking way out and super rich) so I figured I'd start tweaking on that. Ended up leaning the LSN about a full-turn until a little out from flush and things started to really pick up RIGHT before I ran out of gas. [:@]

Well my question is...this normal for an engine that's super modified and tight pinch and such?! I've run nothing but stockers until now so...bit new to me.

I've got a total of about 7 tanks through it so far (not much I know), so I'll keep tuning away at it.

Haven't really hit it WOT yet either...highest temp. I saw was 190degrees right before shutting down.