RCU Forums - View Single Post - Q-Tee Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57 PM
JoeAverage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Q-Tee Build Thread

ORIGINAL: digital_trucker

I believe the struts are spruce. As far as the dihedral goes, I'm not totally sure. Somehow when I built it I wound up with about 2/3 the dihedral that the plans call for. Hasn't mattered to the Q-Tee in performance or flyability, but I don't know what's going to happen when it gets S-Tee-ized. I may wid up doing surgery on the wings and turning the trailing edge into ailerons.
Thanks, I am using spruce cabanes, LE and Spar. If you were adding ailerons to a stock Q-Tee wing as per plan then you would have to reduce the dihedral. The fact that in was under-dihedralled (if that's a word) in the first place then adding flaps should be a straight forward process. Some real differential is likely a good idea I would use ailerons wider at the root and tapered to the tip from mid chord. The ailerons won't fight the dihedral so much then. You should have a Winner! Some dihedral is still a good idea in a bird that big. Inhereant stability. May still fly like like 3 channel on a calm day. Please advise of your success. Should work great.

Would you recommend the Wasp? I miss the availability of Norvels and consisitent Quality Control. Are the Wasps hit and miss or is the QC consitent?

Good luck, John