RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Scale F4U Corsair Group Build

Tom, thanks for clarifying. I had heard of "Chile" bandied about for some time, but I never had any idea. I guess I should thank him for something probably, just not familiar with him on the thread. I hope everyone serious on this thread will PM or e-mail Richard details about contact info. e.t.c. (as stated previously, voluntary). Thanks, Tom for sharing details about your version. I think many of us are going to find some personal motivation in our projects. I will edit an earlier post to reflect salient points on my #576 plane that Lt. Olander flew at one time or another (Dinged it beyond flyability on landing..hope it ain't a bad omen, ha ha).

On a more project oriented note: Chad, I was thinking it would be nice to cut down on the wood blockage at the front of the elevator and rudder, and use something like 1/64th skinning ply instead of the thick balsa at the plate. I think it would cut nicely on the laser, probably be lighter, and you mentioned cutting thick balsa on the laser already (pushing the limit). I love what you have done with the large, well designed, cutouts on the base ply profile pieces. I thought to extend your thinking on that and cut out those peices that are at the leading edge (thick balsa now), out of the thin ply and cut plates out of harder balsa with a profile reflecting the shape 90 degrees from that plane. I am talking about the complex in and out diagonal design that looks to be cut out of a chunk of wood now. It is hard to communicate this in writing..I hope I made some sense. Let me know Chad, or anyone, if you have a thought on that. Refinement ought to be the goal here, and so far I am very impressed with everyones ideas! Respect and admiration to all involved here earnestly, Eric

p.s. Chad, sign those drawings! I used to ink on mylar (architecturaly) in High School. Remember the documentation block..ha ha? Be proud of your work (not that you aren't).