RCU Forums - View Single Post - Touring Car Decision MADE!!!! UPDATED
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 12:55 AM
cheech4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Touring Car Decisions

ORIGINAL: spartan117

I don't know now. I have been really considering the avid. It has done decently and with the tower hobbies coupon it will be 390.

I was hoping you would chime in cheech as I highly value your opinion as I have seen you give some good advice.

I think I might steer clear of the xray now as that will be the most expensive car by 100 dollars. The avid looks like a nice performer and I wont be racing against any X-rays. My competition will be mostly FT TC4s and maybe some Tamiyas and probably a TC5 or two.

Thanks Again,
Spartan117
thank you for the compliment, but the truth speaking here, the avid looks good. but after looking at an xray in person at a track, i bought 2.. i have a T2 and a T2R.. call me an xray fan if you want but the quality in these xray's is second to none, perfect would be the 1 word to describe these RC.. not taking anything from the avid it looks good, but IMO parts support will be a problem, many LHS will not stock there stuff. also xrays are known to take abuse and keep racing, i dont know if the durability in an avid is as good as an xray.. sure your paying more for the car but i feel that it is a better car..