RCU Forums - View Single Post - POWER TO THE ENGINE!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POWER TO THE ENGINE!

You got me wrong mate, i'm not saying we shouldn't do it on RC's i'm saying we should do it properly.

No offence to Allanach and Monaroman (and i do appreciate the time and effort your putting into this) but what your seeing in the video isn't the difference between 'normal' and 'with NX', its showing you very rich with no NX then with NX. Did you see how much smoke was pouring out of the pipe?! looked like my nitro, i know those guys had to run it rich to to try and prevent damage the lean condition caused by the NX would cause - its no fun wrecking the engine but it proves my point, even rich with no NX that engine was pretty peppy, so its going to run a whole lot better when properly tuned for normal use - lets see that, a few timed drag runs then richen it up and do some drag runs with NX on.

I'd love to see NX develop to the point where it was actually useful in racing, it would be a sweet thing to see when the cars hit the main straight and punch some, but they will also need off NX power as well for around the rest of the track. Same goes for general bashing and goofing around, unless your going to have NX running all of the time then your bash sessions are going to be wack.

Check this out:

Its a remote needle - something like that could be the next step in making a real NX system for these engines.

I would in no way lump this in the same useless catagory as boost bottles or supercharges, this if properly produced would give you some crazy power that most stock engines simply wouldn't be able to handle, they wouldn't wear out they would self destruct! which might force a new breed of tough enough engines into production if it caught on and widen the market, we''ll be seeing some completely new engined from companys like GBE soon (who already have 3 new mills in the works) so they might be up to task...

As for the 'system' we're looking at in this thread, I still say its a waste of time, fun to goof around with but ineffective for any kind of practical use and WILL cause alot of problems for the user finally ending up with a dead engine. I''d be intrested if these companies actually started to put together a proper scaled down system like we see in 1:1 cars instead of just milking the NOS name and selling a bunch of half systems to people who don''t really know what their buying, but its going to take alot of experimenting and investment, some compression and detonation issues to address and iron out with of dead mills along the way before we start to see something that will work right and people need to wise up and not just accept the garbage their being spoon fed by these 'manufacturers' - that won't promote any kind of change from them.