Old 04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I would never enter a contest because......

I've flown in numerous fun-flys'. Yes, I go to compete and maybe take home a prize, but I also go to see old friends, have a good time and hopefully win something in a raffle. There's always some good natured ribbing if you screw up or even if you do all right in an event. My club just had a fun-fly this weekend with events designed for novice pilots as well as the experienced ones. The spot landing event showed that even the best pilots won't always win. The other events were taxi type events. The winners were in one of those events were two novice pilots that had never competed. Sure, its fun just to fly around during the weekend, but sometimes you've got to get out there and see how well you can fly. I have a feeling that many people don't want to compete because that are afraid that someone will say something to get a laugh from those around them or that they feel that their flying skills are not up to the "experienced" pilots skills. I think that a good fun-fly should have events that allow both sides to be able to compete on a equal basis. Events like limbos tend to be scary, but make events that even a trainer plane can compete in can be lots of fun. I'm already trying to make up events of the next fun-fly that will meet the fun types for everyone.