RCU Forums - View Single Post - WM 80" Extra Wing Tube???
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Gone to a Higher Plane
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WM 80" Extra Wing Tube???

WM says to epoxy the tube in 1 of the panels but I wanted to wait and see if I needed to add wood to the tube first , My WM Super Stunts .60 has a aluminum tube with what looks like balsa wood as a tube stiffener.
Ha Krayzc...have you ever had one of those days when you should have paid attention to that little inner voice that tries to warn you not to fly today?? Let me tell you about one of the worst things to happen to me in 30 yrs. of flying.
I loaded the fuse of the WM SS .60 in the back of my truck and bungy corded it down like I always do and headed off to the flying field, got up to about 70 mph and I heard a loud noise and lookedin the rear view to see the fuse 50 ft. in the air then as it came down it was hit by 2 cars and I just got kinda sick and pissed off and ambarresed because I had a lond way to go to get to a turn off, had to do a youey ,got back on the highway and there it was laying off of the side of the road in 30 pieces, totalled it and the battery pack is probably still sliding down the road somewhere.
Called my flying buddy what happened and to my surprise he told me to go over to his hobby shop(HobbyTown) and get what ever plane I wanted, now , is that a friend or what. He is my old boss and friend of 12 yrs. and I keep him suplied in planes and he keeps me suplied ...he is a good guy. So I brought home the WM Extra 80"
Sorry this rambled on so long but I just had to tell someone...
P.S....the rubber bungy had dry rotted and broke...I have yet to go to the flying field because I am gonna really get a ribbing for this stunt plane doing it's last stunt.