RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Dust
Thread: New Dust
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 11:45 PM
ChuckL
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Dust

Thanks Staightup, my jig is simple I just took a piece of 3/4 ply just because thats what I had and taped the plans down on it and covered them with some plan protector plastic. I used I think they are 1X2 pieces of oak from Home Depot and screwed them down aligned with the inside egde of the LE tubes and the TE stock, these are screwed right down on the plans. I just have some finish nails sticking up behind the TE stock on the top of the 1X2 for it to butt up too. 2" L brackets are screwed down on the outside egde of the ribs to clamp them too and also L brackets up against inside edge of LE 1X2s to clamp the rods too. I also notched out the 1X2s where the ribs are so the can be glued and tied. I'll get some more pictures of just the jig in the next couple days.

I bought a Full span kit and a clipped kit years ago and have just scratch built them ever since and the jig makes it so easy to frame one up and make it straight.

I use Jett tanks on most of my planes they work great, the Dusts have 6oz shorts. You will need one of Jetts fuelers to fill them with but you get no air or lean runs, I always run mine full throttle until they quit then just glide in.