RCU Forums - View Single Post - savage xl finally arrived!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 11:14 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage xl finally arrived!

ORIGINAL: mmduc

yes, its a savage, with a really big motor, and a 3 speed, and yes its longer, and yes you dont need pics. BUT. after owning many r/c trucks, i can say this is probably my favorite. the savage line is what it is because of how durable they are. your right, this is just a larger scale version on a savage x. but then again, if you look at any truck out there, there is no new earth shattering revolution that has come out since the revo. i like my revo alot for what it is, i like my lst 2 for what it is, and i like my baja ss for what it is. but the fact of the matter is that this is hpi's newest creation, and for what it has out of the box, im really impressed. if its just another savage, then why bother responding. i think hpi did a great job, its not like a revo platnuim, same engine, few upgrades, and pump the price up $150 more. the xl is nothing more than a big basher with hudge amounts of torque to boot, and with the 3 speed, its very impresseive for $550. for those of you that want to hear my updates as they happened, stay tuned.
peace.
Very well-said Mike. It's a culmination of all previous *upgrades* PLUS some in one package for the price we are used to paying. Can't really beat that!

Maybe when we set up some time to go bashing I'll bring my video camera.