RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do You Have a Losi Vehicle?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 01:46 PM
The Mad Modder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do You Have a Losi Vehicle?

I own a Mini Baja. It's a decent truck. Stock, everything's OK except for the electronics.
Electronics:
The motor died about a month after it was bought and not long after, the servo went too. The ESC lasted quite a while, but finally died a couple of weeks ago. The 27 mhz radio and receiver did the job, but was very glitchy, so it had to go.
Chassis:
The drag link ( which connects the steering from the left wheel to the right) system was poorly designed. The drag link rides on fully threaded screws, so when the Baja is steered, the threads chew away at the drag link and over time steering slop for the right wheel becomes quite large. Also the front rod ends come set in a way that if the suspension arms go down too forcefully, the rod pries the cup off the ball studs.

The Mini Baja is a pretty decent truck with enormous potential for people to make them better.

Currently I have modified mine very much (including brushless) to a point where I am very happy with it. Almost ready to add the finishing mods(BB bell cranks and non- fully threaded screws for drag link).