RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite '.60 size' P-51D Mustang ARF: Building & Modifications
Old 05-22-2008, 02:43 PM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite '.60 size' P-51D Mustang ARF: Building & Modifications

I wanted to make a few comments here, as I have been reading all the treads pertaining to this particular Mustang ARF! The outlines of this Mustang seem to be pretty good! Now realizing this is a ARF, "Scale" is a relative term, but I think we can say that his one looks good.

One thing I going to look into is the "main landing gear" position. If you look at the photo below, you notice that the wheels on the Mustang are ahead of the leading edge, whereas the wheels on the model are back a bit further. This brings up the problem of "nosing over" on grass fields that not smooth, mine included. Does it look like it might be a lot of work to somehow get the gear forward a bit????

Also, I am leading toward trying out the www.lado-tech.com retracts, as I don't want to deal with pneumatics. Probably start with the stock gear, then move up to the Lado's. The main gear also looks like it needs to be a tad longer as the wheel wells are not as close to the center of the wing to be scale! I know it's an ARF, but it looks like it could be scaled out really nice!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44491.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	954739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31207.jpg
Views:	1323
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	954740