RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-51MUSTANG RCU.COM
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: P-51MUSTANG RCU.COM

It doesn't matter how many missions they flew, it doesn't matter that they flew till they got shot down & killed or the war ended. The point is they did the job they were supposed to do.
They were not winning the war, and they had to do eveything possible to defend Germany, and they did it, time and time again.

People love to color the German pilots behind "Oh they did so many missions" but the fact of the matter is that the top 10-15 German aces shot down more planes than all the Allied aces combined (depending on whose numbers you use).

Planes like the Bf 109, the Fw 190 and the Me 262 are so frequently overlooked because they were on the losing side of the war. If it wasn't for those three planes, the war would have been over much quicker than it went, which only goes to prove just how powerful and advanced those three planes were and those are only three planes from the German war machine which was so far ahead of the Allies that we don't really know just how lucky we were that Hitler was a nut and we bombed the hell outta the german oil resources and factories.

I would take a Fw 190 D9 over a P-51 any day.