RCU Forums - View Single Post - DeHavilland DHC-7
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 08:07 AM
jamie_duff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DeHavilland DHC-7

Hi folks.

A while after seeing this thread and the plans previews I've bought a set for myself. I'm very pleased with them I too have found memories of the Dash-7, as does my father who worked on them for many years. They were the ones owned by Brymon Airwarys and were flying under British Airways colours between Aberdeen airport and the 2001ft long runway on Unst, Shetland Isles when I first had any involvement with them.

I think I've come up with a simple (as simple as the simplified system anyway) method of achieving the double slotted flaps.

I also enquired with Sierra about an undercarriage with drag braces, but as they've never been asked before and don't expect to ever be asked again for a Dash-7 undercarriage it would mean a very expensive pair of retracts. I'll probably go with CJM which has the correct geometries at least, and I'll add my own drag braces. I do infact have the diagrams Dash7ATP was wishing for above

As well as the flaps, I reckon I can include the articulated rudder with minimal weight gain and thanks to a bit of foresight in Palmer's drafting, the scale spoilers would hinge from the rear spar. I believe it will need roll spoilers because I am not optimistic about the Dash-7's roll control on the tiny ailerons it has.

Mine too will be electric using low KV outrunners and 11" props - hopefully four bladers but if not, it'll get scale static props instead.