RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier 94" Yak help
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 AM
aaxiss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier 94" Yak help

Nice Field mike, except for the show as that doesn't go well with wheelchairs LOL. We have a decent field where I fly but we will be working hard to make it a great facility in the future. Our Club is only about 1.5 yrs old and we got a nice deal for the lease and the members will be voting this coming month on a permanent shade structure ( No Brainer haha ). I would really love to have access to a nice grass field like yours though as I think all that nice lush, green grass will make the really hot days seem a bit cooler compared to looking at the tumbleweeds and dust devils that make unannounced visits to our field once and a while.

Btw I got my Slab today hahaha, [sm=tongue_smile.gif] I really think the quality is fairly decent but wth do I know I have a WH SU-26 with only a gallon through it and love it, took me 6 months to build the Sukhoi and I am expecting about the same for the Yak. it's all about funds and what my pain level is at any given time ( Broke my back in 1993 27 fractures total and I am a paraplegic now ) and due to my age at the time of my accident I don't get much From Social security Disability. I squirrel away about $100 a month + - and make it work. Just hope I don't do something dumb and crash the Sukhoi anytime soon as I am having a blast with it, although I need my own pit team to get it assembled and running at the field. All these beers I am buying for my crew after flying is gonna cut into my funds big time hehe. I am gonna try and just do little things to make the plane stronger and lighter while I save for my electronics and engine. BTW I followed most of your posts on the DL thread a while back and you are the one that pretty much swayed me to it for my plane Turning an airwild 22-8 at 7150 + - backed down 400 rpm from a top tune of 7500 + it's a monster on my over servoed ( 5955's all ), over glued and canned WH Sukhoi su-26 at 18.2 lbs. Although I can't hover stationary it will rocket out of a stationary high aoa harrier into a 5-10 mph wind to out of sight in no time. I am hoping to have similar results with this plane on a DL 100.

I would love to get the DA 85 but with engine and a pipe I am in the 1k range as opposed to 700 shipped for the DL 100. I hope the price stays at 700 when I go to buy mine. Tempted to put it on my credit card now but even if the price does go up I think with interest on the card I come out even [&o]

Other than the items you already listed as potential weak points if you would, could you post any recommendations on any places or parts on the plane that could be problematic so that I may remedy them before hand as you find them or already have knowledge of.

Thanks alot !