RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official XTM Monster MT Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Mr Terminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

I was another who got sucked in because of the size of this truck along with a mate who got one,its a load of crap.£314 of flimsy rubbish and the build quality of a Nikko toy car.I own 2 Genesis trucks and both are GST spec and they're in a different league for strength and quality.The first time I jumped the MMT it broke the front wishbone and bent a shock and as for weighing 25lbs,yeah with 2 bricks on top,dont know where that weight was dreamt up from as XTM only have them at 14lbs on the box it came in and in the specs.The Genesis weighs 17.4lbs and has loads more bottom end grunt for climbing,the MMT flexes way too much and the quality of the wheels are poor aswell as the sorry SH made engine.I bought this off the back of having the XTM XLB and that was one great buggy,I uprated the spurs to steel and bashed it to death.Way too many things need to be put right on this truck for it to warrant it's current price tag.I'm not slagging XTM,just this truck because I absolutely loved my XLB and am tihinking of getting another one cos they look the dogs.Sorry to be so negative but it has to be said,people mostly say things are great when they're not and I tell it as I find it and this truck cannot be bashed nowhere near as hard as a LST2/GST 7.7 or Savage,by the way my mates got sold too and he bought a GST,a little extra yes but you get what you pay for but would expect better quality for the money to be honest....[]

The brushless MMT sounds awesome,its the best thing for them is conversion and keeping em onroad cos they suck offroad.3 of the record holders on that link belong to our forum in the UK MSUK,Mel who hit 74.6mph with his Falcon engined Hong Nor X1 CR FE,ported and polished by Cabbie,Tony Lovering aka Ziggy 12345 who holds the official records for scale IC and Open IC with speeds of 100mph for scale IC and 103mph for Open IC and last but not least Chris 52 with his awesome twin engined Kyosho 777 with RB C6 engines and 22t CB's..Big up to the guys and Tony will get the record for overall speed in any RC soon....[sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif]