Thread: hmm
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 07:59 AM
jdoug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hmm

ORIGINAL: t warne

DO NOT BUY A ZIGZAG RACER!!![sm=52_52.gif]

I have one and I am very disappointed. It was an absolute waste of money. The original one I bought died on it's maiden voyage. I called and explained the problem to Horizon Hobby's customer service. I had to PAY to ship the broken one back so that they could send me a new one.[sm=punching.gif] Anyway... the ZigZag Racer totally sucks barnacles[sm=redface.gif]. It is very slow. The drive line vibrates like crazy and makes a horrible noise. There is no easy way to lube it. The hull takes on water like the Titanic[sm=drowning.gif], through either the rudder or stuffing tube. ( be sure to pull the drain plug after each trip to the lake )

It is really just a horribly overpriced toy. For the money you could probably buy two RC boats from Walmart and be better off.

Good luck.

You are way off. While I don't own a ZigZag racer, my brother owns one, and he's had it for over a year now running hump packs and a bigger prop. The thing is fast for its size for being a sub drive boat. It handles really well, but not so good in the rough. It likes to torque over in the air if you don't get right off the throttle. There must be something with yours because once it's like 10 ft. from shore, I can barely hear it. If you were looking to go 30Mph or faster, you bought the wrong boat.

...and any Walmart boat will get outturned and outpaced with the ZigZag.