RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pro Boat Clutches
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Marinero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Boat Clutches

I have a new Proboat Miss Elam, nice boat right ? well may be not so nice. I fell victim to the NORTORIOUS EXPLODING CLUTCH syndrome. It would appear that the soldered joint between the clutch bell and the collet separates when under normal use ( can you say DEFECTIVE). This Sucks! Mine separated on the first two warm-up laps before the first race of its life. I was lucky to get the boat back uncrunched.

Having got the boat back to the operating table , while watching my buddies race !!!! , the autopsy began......... Shaft removed, Engine removed, the clutch bell spun freely , unfortunately it spun free of the drive collet .

What Part of this doesn't ProBoat Get ????

What we have here is a failure to communicate the fact that ( In My Humble Opinion ) Pro Boat sells brand new boats with clutches that grenade if the engine gets anywhere near normal performance. I can't make it any more clear than that. What a P.O.S. I am encouraging anyone that has had a Defective Clutch to write Tobias at Proboat a letter re: Defective Clutches

In all fairness to Tobias of Proboat support, they did send me a new Proboat Clutch free of charge , but it's built the same way and I expect it will grenade just as the previous one had, I am suggesting to Pro Boat that they put a clutch into the boat that is up to the job( Like Buying a Clutch from Bonzi that will not separate). The Stock configuration is (In My Humble Opinion) DEFECTIVE by DESIGN .

Now it's Sat before our monthly Kitsap RC Boat Club race at Sandy Shore Lake. I am going out there running on faith that the good folks at ProBoat got it right this time. I'd like to remind ProBoat that I would buy another boat from some one else if there was one in this type, class and price. I wonder what would happen to ProBoats Market share if Aquacraft sold a competing 26 cc Zenoah version of the Miss Vegas ? Pro Boats quality aspects are wasted by the weakest link, in this case the Clutch assembly.
Competition Creates Quality !!
How about it ProBoat,,!!?? would you fix this obvious engineering error !
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57014.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	965757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51547.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	965758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59775.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	51.6 KB