RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Great Planes Revolver
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Wingwrecker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Revolver

ORIGINAL: freeair

i am 50 / 50 at the moment with exhaust choice, either the stock muffler with the 1/2 inch spacer or a slimline alloy pitts type.
what do you guys reacon ?
I got the Bisson Pitts for my 55AX and it hasn't run the same since. Lot's of up-check bogging and low rpms. Today I crimped one of the stingers and it seemed to help a bit but I'm still not happy with the performance compared to the stock muffler.

I just received my [link=http://www.macspro.com/onepiece.asp#adap_40]Macs Muffler[/link] ($35 from Tower) and new cowl. I still need to get an extension but I'm hoping to test it out sometime this week. It should look pretty nice coming out of the cowl and hopefully it will wake up my 55ax a little bit!

On a side note, has anyone here had the issue of the cowl being too small and the paint/pin stripes being way off of alignment? This is my second cowl and both are way off, fit and trim-wise. I'm starting to wonder if it's my fuse. (By too small, I mean NO WAY the first one would fit without cutting it all the way back and then wrapping it around the lip on the fuse.)