RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3 strikes and i think this plane is out... :(
Old 06-24-2008, 09:55 PM
fastmaxxcooper
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 strikes and i think this plane is out... :(

I've had this plane sitting around for almost a year now and all the radio gear. A few weeks ago I decided I wanted to start flying. after reading around maybe a goldberg husky wasn't the best trainer plane [X(] 2 rebuilds and 3 serious crashes later I think it maybe take a bit longer to rebuild.

First crash was not so serious. After losing it over the tree line ( some sand dunes weren't the best first place to fly) I lost it in a tree until it rained and the people found it in their back yard. It had to land in the highest tree of course so I couldn't get it haha. The motor got pushed right through the firewall.

the second crash was a little more serious. I went to go in for a low pass over the landing strip at the AMA field and I overreacted and the plane snapped towards the hill leading up to the landing strip. I was able to rebuild the wing nicely and all the ribs so it was strong (or so I thought)

well tonight I was at a huge grass field graveyard set-up and it was dusk. The part of the wing I repaired held up great but I must have fractured the wing farther down and didn't realize it. As I pulled up from a dive, a third of the wing tore off, ripping the aileron servo out and sending the plane into a death roll to the ground.

where it broke apart. this was farther down the wing, closer to the fuselage.

the servo ripped down the covering and took every rib as it went. This will be harder to rebuild I'm thinking.

the fuselage took a lot of damage. I'm thinking I'll rebuild it. maybe use it to practice covering so I can finish my electricub.

I think I'm gonna go buy a trainer now. I'd say it was my fault that the plane crashed in the first place. I've never flown before and I don't think I focused enough on servo throws and balancing the plane. Each time I was able to get a good 4-5 minutes of flight though!

I bought a pitts monster but I don't think I'll be flying that until I get more experience.