RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL HPI SAVAGE XL 5.9 THREAD!
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Revomad1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI SAVAGE XL 5.9 THREAD!

I'm just trying to help Mr.R/C Expert! lol. Yes, the K5.9 CAN be run leaner on the stock pipe, but it runs hot and sounds like it's being smothered no matter how well it is tuned. Go ahead, try your beloved "086" that was designed for .21-.28 engines on a .36 (K5.9) engine and see how well it performs. Then spend 2 hours editing a video to show other Savage owner's how it compares to the stock pipe so they can decide if it is right for them or not. Until you do that, please refrain from "Policing" the rc universe forums. I only had the CEN pipe on the K5.9 for 1 tank, so it wasn't dialed in, but it was running better and cooler than it did during the 15 or so tanks I ran through the K5.9 using the stock pipe. I will make more videos after I get the CEN pipe that I payed $11 for including shipping so other K5.9 owners can see if they think it's worth the $11 or not!

*END RANT* lol

P.S. BudBud, I know your only trying help, but try not to step on other people's toes!

My K5.9 was running at 270 with the stock pipe in this video and it still sounded like it was way to rich. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkvutogJUF0
Common sense would tell you that a .36 engine is going to produce too much exhaust for a pipe that was designed for .21-.28 engines to handle. That is why you have to run it so lean, so the pipe can keep up with the reduced exhaust emissions that are the result of running too lean. When I put the CEN pipe on, I was able to richen the high-speed needle, get better performance out of the K5.9, and EASILY keep the engine temps below 260. I don't know about you, but if I can get those results for $11, that's the best $11 I've ever spent!