RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW!! The Official Pulse XT 25e ARF by E-flite thread
Old 06-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Doc Austin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW!! The Official Pulse XT 25e ARF by E-flite thread

I am really looking forward to this plane. We had enormous success with the 480 powered Mini Pulse and nitro 46 powered Pulse XT. I've been bugging Horizon for about a year and a half to make the 25E, and I had just about given up that we would ever see one. I guess they figured the longer you wait the more you'll want it.....or something like that.

I was right on the verge of pulling the trigger on electrifying one of the new Pulse XT60s when I saw this thread. The 25E is going to make a lot better sense for me than the 60 (though I still may do it). First, I already have the Thunder Power 4s 3850 Extreme V2 series packs from my Ultra Stick 25E, and if I really had to, I could scuttle the Ultra Stick, and the motors, servos and ESC would just drop right in to the Pulse 25E. I'm not going to do that, though, because I still love my Ultra Stick.

We will have to wait and see, but I am guessing that the Pulse 25E will probably drop right in the trunk of my Nissan Altima (with the back seat folded down) without taking the wing off, but it's gonna be close. Still, it will probably fit it the back seat assembled no problem.

A couple of things worth noting: The Pulse 25E carries forward the bolt on tail of previous Pulse models. I like this a lot because if you damage the tail you can just bolt on a replacement. I also hate measuring and gluing tails on because I can never seem to get them straight. With the Pulse you put it on and make sure the stab is true to the wing and sock the nuts down. If you get it wrong, loosen the nuts and try again. I get really dyslexic doing this kind of work, but the way the Pulse tail goes on I don't have any trouble. This is a part of the plane I really like a lot.

Also notice in the picture above how clean looking the air exit is. I'm guessing this is the same piece used on the Ultra Stick 25E. I'm also guessing the shape probably helps evacuate air because we never had a heat problem on the Ultra Stick 25E, even in the blistering Florida summer.

One of the reasons I never electrified a Pulse 46 is because I loathed the prospect of having to flip the airplane and it's live power system onto it's back to unplug the battery. The 60 Pulse has a top hatch, and thus, I was considering one of those. Now the Pulse 25E comes with a top hatch, so you can get behind the prop and plug/unplug the battery in complete safety. The new E Flite Pro series switching ESC (which we have been using on our Ultra Stick 25E planes) also comes with a switch, so there's another extra measure of safety.

The firewall is set up for either Power 25 or Power 32. We're going to go for blood right out of the gate and use the Power 32

For those who aren't familiar with what we do with Pulses and Mini Pulses, check it out:

[link=http://www.adchobbystore.com/pics-vids2.htm]Mini Pulse with Power 480[/link]

[link=http://www.largoflyingclub.com/video/pulse.wmv]Largo Air Show 2006[/link]

[link=http://www.largoflyingclub.com/video/austinpls.wmv]Pulse Testing [/link]

Here's the "Pulse Posse" from our local club field.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78097.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	981031