RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 Scale F4U-1A Don Smith Plans Build
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:50 PM
NCIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 Scale F4U-1A Don Smith Plans Build

The dummy engine cost $116.00 plus shipping. I am very particular about the scale looks of the things on this plane. The paint job I decided to be a new engine versus an old one. The whole plane is going to look like it just came off the production line. They all were new once in their lives. Here is the dummy engine with the paint and one set of pushrod covers installed for the pic only. The one spark plug still has to have the white paint applied but I am done with it for now and moving on to the construction again. I am going to make a wiring harness for it and make it look as real as I can. I got my plywood ribs and after I finish with the choke linkage I am going to get on that wing. What would you suggest to do to have 2 threaded ends without using an all threaded rod which is weaker than solid rod with a silver solder and copper wire wrapped splice in the middle? I have done this as I said before and vibration hasn't effected it yet. Plus I spliced the rods wher I can keep an eye on them for fatigue.

Gibbs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18516.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	982753