RCU Forums - View Single Post - Design for a mobile workshop
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 AM
yojoelay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Design for a mobile workshop

Hi all,

A couple of pictures below. The night kit carries clampe in 3 sizes. pins (wrapped in Qantas tape), a small sanding block, razor plane, balsa stripper, razor saw and mitre box, knife and blades, scissors and a pen. I don't have a picture of the building board because the first half of the wing is drying on it. The bench is a bit low (I prefer to stand) so it's not exactly ideal - deal with it I guess. Also, the box which has now made a couple of trips back and forth.

I'm getting to know the staff here and they don't seem to have any issues with the build. I don't have a picture of it, but my light is a small flourescent (spelling?) that is taped to the wall. I was taking it down each day but forgot this week - nobody seemed to mind so now I'm just leaving it up. Since I'm back next week I asked if it was possible to leave some stuff here over the weekend - they said no problem so once this write up is done I'll take it over for storage. That solves the transport problem temporarily but the week after next I'm in a different motel.

I have a small tape measure at home that would fit in the case nicely, I've never used a string line before but it makes sense. I'm dealing with issues as I go and hadn't thought about drilling holes yet. At this stage I was planning to finish the major assemblies at home in my workshop - which really isn't any better stocked than the mobile workshop is (but I'm working on it). I'm going to have to re-think that though as the project I'm on has just recieved a 3-month extension. I don't have a drill press, so I suppose I'd just throw my drill in the bag and go for it. I'll order the motor and some radio gear over the next few weeks.

Anyways, next week should see finishing the wing and having another crack at the floats. My formers didn't line up well for the floats and they look horrible. Back to the drawing board.

All the best,

Joel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43694.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	983165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25989.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	983166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48812.jpg