RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are radio impounds a thing of the past?
Old 07-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are radio impounds a thing of the past?

ORIGINAL: Billy

"The truth of the matter is that a lot of people (me included) will not be completely switching to 2.4 for quite a while.".......Where are you getting this info from?
Depending on how you define "a lot", I'd possibly agree with him Billy. Last time we were at Buttonwillow I went around and asked everyone what freq they were on, since there was no freq board availabe at the time and I wanted to make up a list of who was on what. I don't recall the exact number of people who were present, but I'd guess it was maybe a maximum of 30 jet pilots in total ? There were 7 of us still on 72, so that's about 25 %. That's certainly not a majority by any means, but if we extrapolate that portion over the number of pilots in the US, that's still quite a "lot" of people.

I'd hazzard a guess that we'll also see more of the 72 Mhz systems from newbies who are getting into jets. The jet guys (and some other groups like the IMAC guys) tend to be more into adopting new technology than the average RC guy, so as people migrate from the "rest" into the jet world my guess is quite a few of them will be bringing their 72 Mhz systems with them for a while.

Gordon