RCU Forums - View Single Post - Truggy vs buggy
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 08:40 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Truggy vs buggy

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: supertib

Honestly I would not buy any offbrand products... the resale value sucks and the products are not the same quality... the Mugen MBX5T Prospec can now be bought for $525.00 from A-Main and it absolutely rocks...without question it is the best built, most durable Truggy on the market...... I have owned em all and nothing stands up like a Mugen does....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7384
I guarantee you the quality of the Caster KIT is just the same as a Mugen. You put both side by side and you cannot say a single thing better on a mugen except for captured hinge pins. Thats all. Plastic, aluminum is all the same quality.

Plastic is most definitely not the same quality, neither is the aluminum..but thats why its priced cheaper..... The Castor is decent but its not the same quality as a Mugen.... I know several people who were forced to drop Castor due to all the breakage issues......2DLST knows more as he was running with several of Castors sponsored guys in Texas...but due to all the problems everyone jumped ship and dropped Castor.....locally my buddy bought a Castor and it is indeed a copy of a Mugen...but in looks only, there is a distinct difference in material quality and durability....

Trust me when I tell you paying $120.00 more for a Mugen is worth every penny, the Casotr looks like a Mugen but its definitely not a Mugen !...if you ever go to sell the Truggy used you will also see a Castor is not a Mugen...