RCU Forums - View Single Post - Boat for Nephew...
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:08 AM
redoctober25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat for Nephew...

Okay, I need some info from all of you out there. I am looking to buy my nephew an R/C Boat for his birthday. I have very little experience with R/C vehicles other than the RTR ones available at Big Box stores. Given the following stipulations, I need some suggestions on what boat is good for the price. Keep in mind this is for an 11 year old child.

Stipulations...
1) must be sub $100 in price (this is the only stipulation that is set in stone)
2) will be used primarily on a small to medium retention pond, but will be taken to a lake occasionally
3) does not have to be extremely fast, but would like it to be in the range of 10 to 20 mph
4) if at all possible, would like one that has a longer battery life or one that can be upgraded to a better battery at a later time. (ideally up to 30 minutes of run time per battery)

Right now I am looking at either the Zig Zag Racers (so he could eventually race against friends) and the ProBoat Mini-C Catamaran or Mini-V Deep V. Any recommendations that anyone can give me would be appreciated.

Jeffrey