RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for St. Louis, Mo Boater's
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:05 AM
rageman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for St. Louis, Mo Boater's

ORIGINAL: rageman

Dave,

Sorry, I have been on a hiatis and have not been working on the Unger Lake option for a while. Your suggestion that we get together with some chain saws and clear Ugger Lake shore line ourselves is tempting. I would not mind doing the work but this is a StLouis County property and I am sure it would be illegal in some fashion to do so.

A call from you or any others focusing on the needed improvements to Unger Lake for RC boat use would help I am sure:

KENT THEILING, PARKS OPERATIONS OFFICE SUPERVISOR (MAINTENANCE)
[email protected]
314-615-8230

I had previously tracked down the person responsible for the Unger Lake property and suggest that anyone interested start individually calling the StLouis County Parks Maintenance guy that I identified previously in my thread. The more voices he hears from on this the more likely he will respond with action and clear an area. Since you knew Unger Lake when it was set up for RC Boating you would be an ideal person to provide suggestions to the Parks guy as to what actually needs to be done to Unger Lake to again make it RC Boat friendly. I am a true newbe. My first RC boat , a Thunder Cat 31, is still in the early construction stage. I have yet to wet a hull for the first time so no knowledge here on what would be best for Unger Lake. Unger Lake is the ONLY StLouis County Parks lake where RC Boat operation is allowed.

ORIGINAL: Delvid

Fenton boater here. I have a couple k&b 7.5 tunnels. I drop them onto Unger lake a couple times a year. 20 years ago there was a course set up. Now it is overgrown. At least they do not hassle boaters. Maybe we could all grab some chainsaws and clear some shore.

Dave C