RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCM Ultra Sport 60 mods
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 03:48 PM
prgonzalez

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCM Ultra Sport 60 mods

ORIGINAL: mjfrederick

DEPS = Dual elevator pushrod system. It is one of the best ways to control split elevators (either that or dual servos). The problem with using the music wire as recommended in the plans is that unless you get the holes in each half drilled exactly the same on each side (which will require some meticulous work) you will end up with roll coupling on elevator input. The Ultra Sport can be made to be a decent precision flyer if set up correctly. I would agree with the previous comment recommending using a dual pushrod system as opposed to joining the elevator halves. You can either buy a pref-fab kit like the one sold by Central Hobbies, or make one yourself.

Edited due to temporary dyslexia
MJ,

Thanks for educating me. So many acronyms nowadays.

In building, my goal is always build the next model better than any previous one. So, I will give it a thought while I build the rest of the plane.

At this moment, I have built the stab, elevator halves, rudder, and cut ribs. I will complete the fin today. Then I will start building the wings. So, I still have a couple of weeks for solving the elevator control dilema.

I still have not decided on the hinges. I have three options: pins, flats, and common CA hinges.