RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do we need a boat bodyrepair&paint forum?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Do we need a boat bodyrepair&paint forum?

We were originally combined with the 4-wheelers when they first started the OT forum and seeing how it was supposed to be for the boaters also, I volunteered to mod up there also. After a lot of boat members had bad cases of cabin fever, we finally got our own.
If any boaters bothered to go up there, you could see why they didn't want to use that one as we seem to be an older crowd and that forum was full of kids talking about video games and school.
If you want to get something going in the OT forum, then do it as it isn't being used that much at the present time. Later on if a repair forum does happen, it's only a few mouse clicks to move it.
We've also discussed having a manufacturers support forum in the past for a Q&A to them. We wanted to start it off with Aquacraft then add others as they became available. Time constraints was why Aquacraft didn't want to do it then with R&D work on new boats, shows and races kept them busy.
Keep in mind that I'm not against any new forums but just letting you know what we're up against when trying to create new ones. I've always jokingly referred to us boaters as the people down in the basement. This site like many others seems ot go on a ranking scale of popularity with planes usually on top then cars/trucks and later boaters.