RCU Forums - View Single Post - HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 04:19 PM
madbadger

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: HENG LONG OWNERS ONLY THREAD!

I noticed today (never thought of looking!) at the other side track (the one that didnt come off) and the idle wheel on that side moves side to side about 3-3.5 mm, now i have the other side sliding around the same amount, the track doesn't jump off the idle wheel. I just think its the limitations of the model. I will keep looking at the problem but if someone comes up with a solution, i would be grateful. I'm limited with what tools and modeling skills i have, ideas come quite easy but putting them into practice sometimes isn't possible. Real tanks have adjusters to stop the same thing happening. I do have an idea, if i could explain it to one of you model engineers maybe you could put it into practice.

I had a Kawasaki motorcycle in 1984 and to adjust the chain, you simply undid two allen bolts on the swing arm and then put a screwdriver into the axle head ( you didnt have to undo the axle nut ) and turn it forwards or backwards to adjust the chain, it was on a eccentric cam. I was thinking, where the pin that holds the idle wheel on, machine or cut out the plastic hole (look at manmachines tension mod) and make an eccentric cam with a axle rod all the way through to the other side of the tank. I have the drawing in my head but i don't know how to post an image on here. Can anyone see where im going with this? the only problem would be to make something to fix or hold the cam when the adjustment was made. If anyone wants to pass me there email address, i will draw the idea and email it to them. Even fixing the cam mechanism inside the tank and not on the side of the chassis.

Kev