RCU Forums - View Single Post - $300 budget for an engine, what to get?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:32 PM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $300 budget for an engine, what to get?

Well I have the RB your looking at. Pro's long lasting, excellent low to mid power, idles like a car, started right out of the box idle'd entire tank out without any adj., excellent short - med technical track engine. Con's long break in engine does not show it's teeth until 1 gal but its got serious fangs! could have more top end but thats only necessary on long straight's, keeps up with the pack does it's work in the turns and short run ups.

RB S5 would be a nice choice at $229

For $209 and down you can get a GO 7-3 port. 7 port is a best but lacks the bottom end. 5 port is a good all around engine. GO's are good engines and they have solved there carb issue.

I love my RB and would highly recommend them.

Keep in mind there is NO such thing as best engine. For everyone that likes an engine theres someone else who hates it. The best engine is the one that accomplishes what your setting out to do at the price that's reasonable to you. If your just bashing around don't spend the whole wad on an engine. Plenty of good engines under $200. If your racing get the best all around engine plenty of 5 ports kick 7 port butt all day long.