RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Andrew86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW! E-Flite Blade Micro CX

I can't see any other posts about this little baby anywhere else on RCU so hopefully i'm not double posting. ModelFlight Australia posted this news article this morning and so far as I can see there is no word of it on either the Horizon or E-flite websites. I have to say, this thing looks brilliant!! It's due in Australian stores in September, earlier for the US.

Specs:
1S 3.7V 110mAh LiPo battery and DC charger (AA Alkaline powered)
Ultra micro weight
100% factory assembled, test flown and ready-to-fly right from the box
LP4DSM 4 Channel digital transmitter with Spektrum DSM2, 2.4GHz technology
Factory installed integrated control unit with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM2 RX, main dual coreless motors, ESC, gyro and fully‐proportional servos – included in RTF and BNF models.
Includes 8 AA batteries – 4 for TX, 4 for charger

[Taken from www.modelflight.com.au]

"I say a “sneak look” because it was only unveiled to a handful of Model Flight’s staffers soon after it was tumbled out of the package. The static shot (which is one of the better ways to photograph this tiny Helicopter) shows a rather attractive lemon shaded body and fin beneath a flat black set of contra-rotating blades and paddles. When you read “CX” on the box, you could be forgiven for thinking of the ever-popular Blade CX2 and whilst it is a small version of the Blade, there are still some similarities. Firstly, they are both out of the Chinese Republic, they both carry the letters, CX, and they both have contra-rotating blades.

Then, when we disrobe the model, we start thinking along the lines of the Vapor – the model that took the ETSA PARK Indoor Stadium into its hands and moulded it to a shape to suit itself. THE MICRO CX IS DESTINED TO DO THE SAME. Parkzone’s Etomic family of innovative ultra-micro flyers makes micro flying a reality for everyone. Once again, as with the Vapor, the Micro CX is offloaded from its packaging with proportional, multi-channel, 2.4 GHz radio technology that provides precise control for amazing, ready-to-fly indoor enjoyment.

If you are already a Vapor flyer, you know only full well that here is another opportunity for you to save money as this, also, is a BNF model. Of course you can lash out for a model that comes complete with Spectrum Radio – but – why pay the extra and have, yet another transmitter cluttering up your hobby room, when you can bind it to any Spectrum radio on 2.4 GHz and Bob’s your uncle, and I’m sure he would be pleased to hear of your frugality. It also comes with some optional extras, such as, special blades that become illuminated and also have a lighting effect on the body and fin. Wow! Sounds prettier than Justin Galbraith’s Ikarus Shock Flyer.

But – back to the Micro CX – it is compatible with a variety of Spektrum DSM2 radios and it offers helicopter pilots a one-of-a-kind indoor experience. Yet again, with its wide use of carbon fibre composition, represents the ultimate in lightweight design with this little craft lifting the scales to around 25 grams. With its own charger, its single cell Lipo battery recharges in approximately 20 minutes and you are ready to go again for ten or twelve minutes. Two fully proportional lightweight servo motors add to the excellent handling qualities of this delightful little aircraft. Even the man in red was able to hold one in his hand – a hand that has not done an enormous amount of hard labour over its life span and so has retained its normal size, but even so, it seemed enormous against this fantastic flying machine.

When the RRP is released it will be $129 (estimated around $99 USD) for the BNF model – why think further? If you have not done it before, it is time for you to ‘BIND-n-FLY'."