RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much damage total's out a Miss Bud?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:26 PM
misshydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much damage total's out a Miss Bud?

yepper!! Thats an easy fix!!! I saw worse and done worse to my boat. took a chunk right out of the left sponson cracked the rear transom too on other hull. OK I'd bought two Miss Bud flex drive hull from ebay,there were new but damaged from shipping,that why the hobby shop was selling them. They had the same damage side seam split. Heres what to do, first thing is to sand the side split crack with 80 grit then blow/clean it out. Then use epoxy into the cracked seam and tape it together so it will close the gap up.Then the sponson runner,sand the gelcoat off that area and regelcoat it with epoxy or fiberglass reson. Sand it with 80 grit first before regelcoat. after it dryies then resand with 80-100 grit. you might have to regelcoat/reson it one more time.you might have to use polly puddy to get the imperfections out of it. sand to prime use 180 grit.after priming it one or twise.then wet sand with 320-400 paper,then clean it with tar&wax remover before paint,if you dont have it use denatured alcol to wash it. Before you paint it,you need to spray white for your base for the red or it will come out two shades darker. Paint to match the bud red is a 94 KIA code E blaze red. Dupont NASON # is N98891F Blaze Red!! I had my Miss Bud paint computer scanded and it came out to the KIA car paint code. Matched great!! But you must use white base or primer to have that red matched wright. Most all RTR are painted white before colors goes on them that why there so bright!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98839.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	996904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29339.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	996905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38536.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	44.8 KB