RCU Forums - View Single Post - What did I screw up on my axe?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Shadow99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did I screw up on my axe?

BTD, This should help.

The part number for the Main Motor ESC (a Great Wing Servo unit) #ISC 400E/J (15 amp) with JR plug. The tail motor ESC was also a GWS unit # ICS 100/J (5 amp) with JR plug. I bought them thru Tower Hobbies, Towers numbers are LXHUY5 (tail) & LXHUZ1 (main).
The interfacing of the 2 ESC's into the workings of the AXE is not too challenging if you can solder.
Start with your BATTERY connection, I changed to ULTRA DEANS (UD) plugs from the MICRO DEANS the v1 AXE came with, they are a MUCH better plug. I also added another set of ULTRA DEANS at the motor connection (for set-up & tuning, disabling power to the motor). Both the BATTERY wires from the Main & Tail ESC's need to connect to the male UD plug, be sure to slide the Heat-Shrink Tubing on the wires BEFORE you solder the wires to the male UD plug.
Next is the connection at the motors, like I said above I added a UD connections from the ESC to the main motor, but I also did the same for the tail using left-over Micro DEANS plugs.
Last is the connections to the RX, on the AXE CP stock receiver channel #3 is the throttle, and #4 would be the rudder, but since you already have a gyro the tail's ESC would plug in there. Now it is just neating up all the wires & such. I've included some pictures, to show you somewhat of the arrangement I used (minus I have no Electric-Tail Motor, BDT system), but you can get an idea of where to cram the ESC's. The main ESC was zip-tied under the tail boom within the rear frame, when I had the ETM the ESC went next to the stock RX, just where the 3in1 was.

Shadow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13409.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	999703   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48063.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	999704   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26281.jpg
Views:	13