RCU Forums - View Single Post - New! Dug out my dads old Gas or Nitro boat!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New! Dug out my dads old Gas or Nitro boat!

ORIGINAL: Tom.D

Awesome guys thanks for the replys! Definitely a ton of help I am going to start on the engine tonight, I have diagrams and a general idea of everything, but the one thing I am not sure of is putting it back together, do I just tighten everything as tight as I can get it? I did a bit of searching also and couldn't find any step by step help for the K&B engine, does anyone know if there is any out there?

I am guessing the signs I should be looking for is rust, and I guess bearing wear?

Thanks again!
NO!!! Don't tighten every thing as tight as you can get it. You're next question will be "How do I fix stripped out crankcase holes?" Tighten the screws till they are snug, Don't over do it. You're dealing with a cast aluminum case and the screw holes will strip easily.

And why would you want to put on the extra weight and complexity with a clutch. This is supposed to be a racing boat, not a toy car. If the carb needles are set properly the engine should slow to an idle and the boat will crawl to shore. The same with launching. Put the boat in the water and advance the throttle.