RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Receiver Suggestions for JR XF421EX Radio
Old 08-01-2008, 07:43 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need Receiver Suggestions for JR XF421EX Radio

The lighter the better?

You came to the right place..... Uhhhh, you went to the right place........ hhmmmmmmmmmm, you got the right radio equipment for a light RX.

My LHS has one of those little kiosks back in their radio area that sits on one of the display cases. It's JR's display, and has some of their most popular servos and such. It's got the R610UL receiver on it. The sucker is their best 6 channel made to be ultra light weight. It doesn't even have a case. It's just the circuit board in clear heat shrink.

I've used the R610UL in every glider and park flyer I've done so far and it's excellent. Back when I crunched my Siren on a slope, I had that R610UL spare and stuck it into a Tiger60 I'd just gotten. Turns out I fly that Tiger60 3-4 outings a week. So that little ultra lite RX has been working for a living, for sure.

I usually pick up the Hitec Mini 6S or the Electron 6-C for my power planes. They're economically priced RXs but work great. Since getting back into the hobby 3-4 years ago, I've either gotten a JR 610UL or a Hitec for every model I've built.

The Hitec's save me a few bucks, but near as I can tell, lose nothing compared to any other brand. Since coming back into the hobby, I've not had any radio problem at all.

The Hitecs have cost me about $40 and the R610ULs are around $50.

The Hitecs they're selling nowadays include a couple of 5 channels that're economically priced. Think they're about $25. A good friend uses them for all his models. He builds from scratch and has a new one every couple of weeks. They're all gliders. All have been 2m or smaller, so he wants light weight. He uses those $25 Hitecs and they work great for him. He also uses a JR.