RCU Forums - View Single Post - What does your LHS charge to sell one of your planes?
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Wild Foamy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What does your LHS charge to sell one of your planes?

my LHS is a two-story converted car garage, very small shop owned by a local guy called Nev, the bottom of the shop is full of planes of varying shapes and sizes, all of which are customer models being advertised, if a person sees something the like and buy it, the store owner takes the money and passes it on to the model seller.

he doesnt charge anything, but i always go in there for a prop and a bottle of CA and end up leaving with a forest of balsa and various tidbits which i dont really need. (plus he gives a 10% discount on the label price of everything), when buying a model i always give him a bit for his troubles.

i remember the time i bought my Ripmax bossanova, (Airframe, futaba reciever, servos, irvine 53, all rtf for £160), but when i gave him £170 and told him to keep £10 for his troubles he wouldnt accept it, saying i'd bought enough already, in the end i bought him a bacon sandwich from the catering van around the corner and everyone was happy :P