RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mystery 1500mah LiPo, anybody else waste some $$
Old 08-05-2008, 04:35 AM
funflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mystery 1500mah LiPo, anybody else waste some $$

I buy the cheap batteries also and have had only 2 that came DOA.
I notice that that bad one that he shows has a JST conn on it and was wondering why as I have never seen a 3s pack with that kind of conn. 2s and 1s packs like for a Lama yes but on a 3s pack??
If your running a 3800 3900 motor I don't think you really need anything over a 20c battery unless your into some heavy flying and then you probably have a larger motor and esc to handle it so you would go to a 25C battery. I can hover for 15-18 min on a 2200mh 20c battery that I paid 14$ for 2 of and 12$ shipping. I can buy a lot of those for 50$. Batteries very rarely go bad on the heli its when your charging them that you see them puff or go bad.
I use a good balancer charger combo that can monitor the battery throughout its balance and charge cycle and I am careful that I take the extra time to trickle charge low batteries up to acceptable levels before I hit them with a 1C charge, Actually I usually use a .75c charge rate. I have the time.... not in a rush heck I have 10 batteries now.