RCU Forums - View Single Post - I need input on the LST2!!
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
HPI_Savage_RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need input on the LST2!!

ORIGINAL: HawkChalk

What about the jump at 1:05?? didnt see urs land like that from that height
Yeah, obviously, because the Savages in that video had no bodies. Had the truck rotated slightly less and landed on the front tires as opposed to the body, that video would only be 1 minute long rather than 4. All of the landings in the savage video exerted MUCH more force on the chassis assembly.

ORIGINAL: HawkChalk

If I bash, when i get my lst2, my intent will be to land on all four's, not just full throttle to see how many cartwheels it can do, or if it can take landing on one wheel. but as i live only a few miles from an r/c track, i will race too. that considered i still havent decided between the losi eight and the lst2..
Bad landings are inevitable, as anyone that bashes will tell you. I'd rather have a Savage and be able to keep bashing after a jump doesn't quite work as you intended.

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

Typical Savage video, not one jump landed, too funny.
Read the video comments: "We landed more than we crashed, but landings are no fun to watch, at least for me and my friends."

The botched landings were obviously intentional, and are thus a testament to Savage durability and bashability.

ORIGINAL: bjhe333

I can't resist stepping in here. I do alot of sand pit bashing and that means 50-150ft wall climbs. when you mess up on those it makes a 15 ft jump look small. Even I was surprised my truck didn't break. I would like to see your savage extra large but still the same old savage hold up.
Go watch the Redneck bashers videos. Best R/C wall climbing footage in existence, and they use only Savages and Baja 5bs for a reason.

ORIGINAL: WisPete

Yes sir! Gotta love the stability of the LST2.
I've driven and bashed and original length Savage, an extended Savage, and an LST2 (surprise surprise), and the extended Savage and LST2 were roughly equivalent in jumping stability. But, should you accidentally screw up a jump, the Savage will have a MUCH higher probability of driving away in one piece.

Keep the videos coming. I'm still waiting to see one that depicts an LST2 withstanding chassis forces even close to those which the Savages in the "Savage Nemesis bash" video drove away from. Unreasonable request I suppose.