RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should AMA discontinue the Senior Citizen discount
Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 PM
LSF2298
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should AMA discontinue the Senior Citizen discount

OK, I'll accept it's just a simple question, not attempting to stir up anything. The point is well taken, the population is getting older. The folks who have been funding the Entitlement Programs for the last 30 or so years are now getting to the age when they can begin to cash in the chips they have been accumulating over the years. Me included, starting last month. The sad part is, including the Military Budget and the Entitlement Programs, we have spent a large part of the US annual budget!!! Yes, many seniors can afford an extra $10.00 per year to remain a member of the AMA, and it might put a few hundred thousand in the kitty, but what benefit would come from that? As long as the AMA continues to pour our dollars down the magazine pit, I don't believe they understand what the current economy is doing to the hobby. I would gladly pay a separate annual subscription for the Magazine, given a choice, as I do enjoy reading it. And to answer your original question, if they really need the money to keep the AMA running, not the magazine, then they should do away with the discount.