RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ailerons or not??
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 10:42 AM
elmog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ailerons or not??

I'd go with the Easy Glider Pro. It's a great flying glider that falls well within your budget. I have the older Easy Glider and I actually prefer the Easy Glider with ailerons over my rudder/elevator only polyhedral ship. I feel that I have more control with the ailerons. Don't let the ailerons intimidate you. The aileron control will go on the right stick, just like your rudder is now. The rudder control will go on the left stick. Your DX6 has a mixing feature that will allow you to mix a little rudder in with the ailerons for nicely coordinated turns. You will really enjoy the Easy Glider and find it to be very durable and easy to repair with a little regular CA and kicker. The Easy Glider was my second Glider and I basically learned to fly with it. I got tired of repairing my lite-ply and balsa polyhedral ship.

PS- I agree that the Easy Glider is underpowered with the Brushed motor. That's why I would go with the "PRO" version as it has a firewall that is set up to make it easy to install a brushless moter. The brushed motor in the older Easy Glider will burn out rather quickly, too.