RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have their 14MZ screen go blank then give error message
Old 08-21-2008, 05:02 PM
videorov
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have their 14MZ screen go blank then give error message

I will see if I have it booked marked. Its under RC jets on this forum
the Futaba 14 mz that I have been flying since january almost without issues.

The radio suddenly went into a black screen and stopped working. Turning it on or off didn´t worked too,and after taking out the battery and turning it on again the radio showed this windows error message: "T12M2 LOADER - CANNOT CREATE PROCESS" turning off by itself after clicking in the ok button.

Fortunately, this happened when the plane was in the ground, but It could happened in the other
jets I fly in this same radio, or a few minutes later, in the F-86 test flight.

In 25 years years of r/c modeling I never had a serious problem with a Futaba gear, but as I
doubt that I will ever fly this system again. And I am not only bothered that this happened to
me , but also because there is a significant number of high performance radio control models being flown with this system, exposed to this same senseless idea of installing windows in a r/c transmitter..so that´s why I am writing this alert.

A thing that troubles me is that I already had a warning of a malfunction on this same system.
Some time ago I was setting up a plane in this same radio and then a error message popped
on the screen and then the system crashed. After turning it off and on it worked again and I believed that I have done something wrong... I wrote a email at the 14 mz "owner´s club" about
this error and never had a reply, so I didn´t took the right action of grounding the system and
taking a corrective measure.

Of course I will be suggested to send the radio to fix, but that´s is not a easy task to do where
I live, and It will be frustrating losing the programming of the airplanes on it.. many hours of work ahead not to mention the flight tests to fine tune the values. And anyway, I need confidence to fly a turbine powered plane and this system couldn´t provide it again to me....I am really disappointed with this radio.

I hope that this alert help other 14 mz owners to be aware of this system inherent vulnerability,
and perhaps avoiding a serious accident.

Enrique
Look under RC jets