RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP BF109F BUILDING THREAD
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 06:23 AM
dragonfly60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP BF109F BUILDING THREAD

ORIGINAL: Evil_Merlin

Over my dead body. Anything over .60's and you are paying an arm and a leg. Going electric in a large scale bird, you may as well go turbine cause you are dropping a heck of a lot of dosh on it.

Get me the electrics needed to power my:

Meister Fw 190 D9
Ziroli Stuka
Romain Research MiG-3

and then remember my Zenoah G62's cost me around $400, and the GT-80 under $700 brand new. And with each I can fly till my batteries in the radio go dead.

Can't do that with Electrics.

Evil-Merlin,
You would be amazed how easily these conversion can be done, and even more to the point..how CHEAP!! The same setup being used in the RCGroup thread can be done for WELL UNDER $400!! I always have a spare set of batteries as well and can fly fo 15- 20 min each(and could use the same batteries in all those models you mentioned), and charge one as I am flying the other...no mess, no trouble starting, just plug in and fly and NEVER have to say " DEADSTICK LANDING" again!!!! Electrics....ya either love 'em or hate 'em, but there are a lot of good points to consider on the Sparkies side.....GAS...er..well they sound good[] LOL Oh and for the record I am putting a gas motor in my 109.

Cheers, Paul.