RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2s and 3s a123 cells in my traxxas rustler and stampede
Old 08-28-2008, 07:18 PM
chadr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2s and 3s a123 cells in my traxxas rustler and stampede

Using the 3 cell packs with brushless setup I finally ran a pack fully down today and it must have been 20 - 30 minutes of driving (not counting the breaks here and there). I couldn't use very much throttle at the track because it was dry and couldn't get max speed with the conditions. I do have the brushless toned all the way down in the software (both timing and punch control on the esc) and on my controller I still had to limit it at 75% to be able to pull the trigger all the way. I don't even need to zip charge the packs using a car battery with this kind of run time. A 5 amp rate on my charger is less than 30 minutes anyhow. Who can really use the speed of a faster motor at an off road track? I would have really regretted buying a 5700kv for my purposes. My motor temps were at 180 at some points, the controller around 100, the batteries.. didn't check but they didn't feel warm. Even the 16 gauge high quality speaker wire that was meant to be temporary is ok - it didn't get warm at all. The motor wires do get warm maybe soaking up heat from the motor more that caused by current.