RCU Forums - View Single Post - EPOXY ALTERNATIVE, HELP! ALERGY
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 10:01 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EPOXY ALTERNATIVE, HELP! ALERGY

All people, given enough time, will develope an allergy to Epoxy. This is a very toxic material. For this reason people purpsosely developed an alternative to Epoxy . It is Gorilla glue. The T28 below was built with Gorilla Glue. IT weighs 7.5 pounds. Its now 6 years old and going strong.

Since then I have built with Elmer"s wood glue, Pica's wood glue, and have read the testimonies of several people that have had great success with Titebond and other carpenters' glues.

And, I must confess, I have even returned to using Epoxy on some occassions, quickly mixing the epoxy and applying it, then exiting the room. But in this instance, I find that the air will be circulated throughout the house and that I still have a mild reaction . But if you have a shop that is isolated from your living space, this method appears to work.

Don't stop building. You CAN find alternative glues. You can adopt procedures to minimize your exposure. You can build without harming your health or that of your family's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12302.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1021427