RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swash plate HELP
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:23 PM
tippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swash plate HELP

GrayUK:: ... I have a Raptor V2 30. Just setting up on 12FG. What swash plate does it have? H1, H2,?

Like the others have said ... H-1 is setting for a Raptor ... just thought I'd elaborate if you haven't figured out why it's got to be H-1.

"pure function". The Raptor is a mechanical (non-) CCPM heli. This means that for each SWASH function (aileron, elevator,&pitch), only one (1) channel is needed to achieve the function. IE ... to accomplish a pitch function ... only the pitch channel is used. Same thing for aileron and elevator functions. I assume that's where the "pure function" comes from ... no cross use of channels is necessary.

So in SWASH plate selection, you have to know what your heli requires first. The two most common settings are H-1 (pure/standard/normal/non-ccpm) and HR3 (120° CCPM). In the case of the 120° swash, it takes ALL three channels to achieve the pitch function.

You already were given the answer ... hope this makes it little clearer as to why H-1 is the needed setting.