RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Raptured" my Rapture 40
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:18 AM
NorfolkSouthern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Raptured" my Rapture 40

I had the head off the engine, and the piston looks like it's carboned up. I think that's fairly typical for the mileage, which is a bit high. I think that engine has been through at least 10 gallons, if not more. Compression is good, and I installed all new fuel lines. I am dead certain I sealed the tank as well as I could. I suppose I could try another glow plug, but I'm not sure what good that'll do. I think I will take this one to the glow support forum. I don't have the necessary facilities and/or tools to work on an engine in my small apartment. To get it clean enough, I'd have to run some antifreeze in a crock pot, and I would really need a garage for that. There has to be someone out there some place who is willing to overhaul this thing.

I have also found that this plane is reasonably affordable to fix, compared to many ARFs I've seen. So, I started on a House Of Balsa Decathlon kit with an OS 10 LA. I am planning on using it to save energy, which has been getting rather expensive lately. To save covering and facilitate better ease of repairs, I might use the same covering I did on the Rapture. Then I'll plan on using my expensive ARFs a little more sparingly.

NorfolkSouthern